Kevin Brookhouser – Teaching Future-Ready Students
By: Kevin Brookhouser
Duration: 3h 9m
Released: February 18, 2016
Preparing students for the careers of tomorrow means teaching them how to teach themselves, and getting them ready to adapt to an ever-changing world. How will you make sure your students are future ready? Kevin Brookhouser explores the three literacies students need to master for tomorrow’s jobs—business skills, video production, and coding—and provides practical ways to help students prepare to be successful in future careers by engaging their current aspirations. Kevin will help you incorporate creative problem solving, entrepreneurial projects, storytelling through video, and practical coding activities into your classroom. Watch and learn how to modify lesson plans for diverse learning needs, and explore the 21st century skills students need to be adaptable to an unforeseen future.
- Understanding the new literacies
- Motivating problem solvers
- Inspiring divergent thinking with Limbo
- Bringing 20time into the classroom
- Guiding creative learners
- Finding the right mentor for entrepreneurial kids
- Making elevator pitches
- Grading entrepreneurial projects
- Telling stories through video
- Creating screencast video
- Capturing video with a smartphone
- Editing videos on YouTube
- Teaching code
- Designing apps
- Incorporating coding activities in the classroom
- 1. What Is a Future-Ready Student?
- 2. Motivating Entrepreneurs
- 3. Building a Culture of Creation
- 4. Entrepreneurial Nuts and Bolts
- 5. The Film and Video Producer
- 6. Your Video Utility Belt
- 7. The Case for Coding
- 8. Anyone Can Code and Anyone Can Teach Code
- 9. Your Coding Utility Belt
- 10. Coding Activities
Kevin Brookhouser, EdM, is a teacher and the author of The 20Time Project.
He teaches digital citizenship and computer science at York School in Monterey, California and is a Google for Education Certified Innovator and Certified Trainer and a National Association of Independent Schools Teacher of the Future. Kevin serves on the board of the International School of Monterey. He is a learning animal.
3 reviews for Kevin Brookhouser – Teaching Future-Ready Students
There are no reviews yet.