Oppositional, Aggressive, Attention-Seeking & Uncooperative Children, Teens and Young Adults – John F. Taylor
This recording is for YOU if you work with young adults, teens or children who:
- Debate and invite power struggles with parents or teachers
- Display hostile, angry, revengeful, exploitative or predatory tendencies
- Use silly immature tactics to gain attention and get noticed
- Engage in property destruction, fire-setting, vandalism or animal cruelty
- Have diagnoses such as ADHD, ODD, Bipolar Disorder, or Conduct Disorder
- Act irresponsible, helpless, negligent or tardy
- Snicker at charts-and-stars and other “behavior modification” attempts
Attend this recording and learn a wealth of high-impact techniques that cut across diagnostic lines and apply universally, from early childhood to young adult. Using these techniques will enable you to accomplish quickly what can often be missed in months of regular talk therapies, counseling or behavior modification reward systems.
You’ll learn how to stop pre-delinquent clients’ manipulations such as victim playing, power struggling, denial, minimizing, defiance, evasive lying, excuse making, blaming, and justifying. You’ll learn key strategies for “reading” misbehavior to uncover its underlying needs and motivations. You can share these methods with teachers and parents to free them from “ignore-nag-yell-punish” cycles and senseless power struggles.
Discover powerful techniques to divert and reduce hostility and revenge in oppositional, predatory, violent adolescents and young adults. You’ll be able to introduce pre-social adaptive behaviors that develop conscience and satisfy their unmet needs that trigger misbehavior.
- Use at least 5 clinical interventions to reduce attention-seeking misbehavior in clients.
- Demonstrate at least 4 diagnostic interview strategies to address resistance within clients as evidenced by statements such as “I don’t care” and “I don’t know”.
- Implement at least 5 intervention methods to reduce power-displaying misbehavior in clients.
- Identify at least 6 clinical strategies to address hostility and aggressiveness to improve regulation.
- Communicate the benefits of using encouragement to replace punishing or attacking in developing conscience.
- Develop a plan for incorporating clinical methods to control anger and resist temptation.
Uncover Misbehavior’s Hidden Motives
- The 5 “needs” that drive all misbehavior
- 15 maladaptive ways teens guard against feeling hurt
- 14 keys to stop misbehavior
Use High-Impact Interviewing
- Respond effectively to “I don’t know”, “It’s not my fault”, and “I don’t care”
- 10 dynamite probes to unearth hidden motives
- Reduce defensiveness and build trust
Improve Social Skills and Self-control
- Bolster temptation resistance
- Sharpen decision-making and problem-solving
- Upgrade apology skills
- Impart healthy handling of anger
Resolve Attention-seeking and Power-displaying behavior
- Effective strategies for “You can’t make me!”
- 16 techniques for the bossy teen
- 10 tools for “notice me more”
Resolve Malicious Misbehavior
- Teach important insights about revenge
- Prevent bullying and threats
- Decrease vandalism
- 9 answers for the “look tough, act tough” teen
Resolve Irresponsible and Self-destructive Misbehavior
- 30 answers for “I can’t do it” cop-outs
- Rebuild self-confidence
- Strengthen stress coping skills
Adapt Your Intervention to Each Client
- Recognize the limitations of every approach
- The client’s unique perspective is pivotal
- Determine how the child perceives the world/people/self
- Interpret the child’s actions as an attempt to express autonomy and belonging
Help Teachers and Parents
- Stay out of “ignore-nag-yell-punish” cycles
- Develop conscience without punishing or attacking
- Refine empathy skills
- Sidestep power struggles
- Improve cooperation with chores and routines
- Reduce sibling rivalry and improve family dynamics
Tag: DIGITAL SEMINAR Oppositional, Aggressive, Attention-Seeking & Uncooperative Children, Teens and Young Adults: High-Impact Strategies to Reduce Chronic Misbehavior – John F. Taylor Review. DIGITAL SEMINAR Oppositional, Aggressive, Attention-Seeking & Uncooperative Children, Teens and Young Adults: High-Impact Strategies to Reduce Chronic Misbehavior – John F. Taylor download. DIGITAL SEMINAR Oppositional, Aggressive, Attention-Seeking & Uncooperative Children, Teens and Young Adults: High-Impact Strategies to Reduce Chronic Misbehavior – John F. Taylor discount.
Instant Access Available
Sale Page: https://catalog.pesi.com/item/39551/
3 reviews for John F. Taylor – Oppositional, Aggressive, Attention-Seeking & Uncooperative Children, Teens and Young Adults: High-Impact Strategies to Reduce Chronic Misbehavior
There are no reviews yet.