Integrating Your Client’s Spirituality in Clinical Practice – Heidi Schreiber-Pan
- Learn multidisciplinary interventions to treat the whole person
- Safely integrate spiritual principles into psychotherapy
- Mindfulness practice as a tool for spiritual growth
- Discover how stories and metaphors can increase insight and lead to transformation
- Experience spiritual practices and tools in psychotherapy
How often do you encounter a client who brings up issues of a religious/spiritual nature or who wishes to integrate their faith into therapy? Do you wish you had a better clinical foundation in spiritually integrative psychotherapy or a more comprehensive mindfulness tool box for your clients?
Throughout this workshop, Heidi Schreiber-Pan, Ph.D., LCPC will help you incorporate elements of these modalities to form a comprehensive treatment plan that includes therapeutic strategies and effective interventions. Experience how the successful integration of spirituality can enhance clinical rapport and give clients the sense of feeling understood.
Additionally, you will learn how to use metaphors, stories or folktales as a way to shift perspectives and develop an understanding of spiritual concepts such as Zen teachings.
You will leave with competence in spiritual/religious assessment, improved ability to use spiritually-oriented treatment approaches, and the skill to add mindfulness techniques into traditional forms of therapy.
- Describe essential components of spiritually integrative psychotherapy.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach mindfulness exercises and practices.
- Describe how to integrate spiritual principles into psychotherapy.
- Review religious and spiritual assessment techniques.
- Summarize the therapeutic application of stories and metaphors.
- Discover competencies needed to safely integrate spiritual practices into therapy.
- Identify 10 spiritual interventions used by contemporary psychotherapists.
Competencies When Integrating Spirituality into Counseling
- A rational for spirituality in the practice of counseling
- Therapist self-awareness of spirituality
- Treatments that incorporate client’s spirituality
- Case studies of spiritual issues in therapy
- Implicit and explicit approaches to spiritual integration
Integration of Spiritual Principles into Counseling
- Clinical assessment of client’s spirituality
- Spirituality’s effect on the therapeutic alliance
- Ethical guidelines
- Ten tools for your therapeutic tool box
- Meaning and purpose: Value card sort
- Spiritual meditation & prayer
- Spiritual journal writing
- Sacred texts & writings
- Spiritual imagery
- Forgiveness & letting go
- God image
- Spiritual transcendence in nature
- Spiritual metaphors and stories
- Learning from spiritual models
Essential Components of Spirituality and Mindfulness Integration
- Convergence of neuroscience and mindfulness
- “Decentering” as a way of disengaging from self-criticism, rumination, and negative thinking patterns
- The healing power of awareness: Seeing thoughts as creations of the mind
- Reconnecting & befriending feelings
Mindfulness Practice as a Tool for Spiritual Growth
- Cultivating mindfulness: Mindful eating, mindful walking, mindful breathing
- Stories & metaphors as a gateway to experiencing mindfulness
- Here and now – grounding in the sacred moment
- Encountering self-compassion & loving-kindness
- Shifting perspectives through gratitude practice
- Practical application of both mindfulness and spirituality: A case example
Get Integrating Your Client’s Spirituality in Clinical Practice of author Heidi Schreiber-Pan
Tag: Integrating Your Client’s Spirituality in Clinical Practice – Heidi Schreiber-Pan Review. Integrating Your Client’s Spirituality in Clinical Practice – Heidi Schreiber-Pan download. Integrating Your Client’s Spirituality in Clinical Practice – Heidi Schreiber-Pan discount.
Instant Access Available
Sale Page: https://catalog.pesi.com/item/19901/
5 reviews for Heidi Schreiber-Pan – Integrating Your Client’s Spirituality in Clinical Practice
There are no reviews yet.