Gerald J. Fritzler: Painting Seascapes in Watercolor
Video Length: 2 hours, 4 minutes
This cinematic DVD production includes:
- How Gerald quickly sets up his easel and equipment — you’ll be able to do this for yourself so you don’t lose one minute of valuable painting time.
- The exact palette colors used — the variety of blues that will help you capture the moving water.
- Which brushes to use for different effects, and how simple brushstrokes will keep your painting uncomplicated.
Learn How to Paint Incredible Seascapes in Watercolor
Painting the sea has long been a point of intimidation and frustration for many artists. Often thought of as difficult because of the water’s motion and color variations, capturing the beauty of the moving ocean remains just a dream for many.
In this video, master artist Gerald J. Fritzler uses his relaxed teaching style to demonstrate a full, start-to-finish watercolor painting of the beautiful California coast at Rocky Point. He’ll show you how to quickly sketch the shapes and forms of the landscape, keeping it very simple. Gerald shares his techniques for expertly handling the motion of the water, the rapidly changing light, and the drifting fog, so you’ll never be hesitant to paint at the water’s edge again. He’ll let you in on his exact color palette so you can get the various blues of the water just right.
He’ll give you tips for creating different effects by using the right brushes and simple brushstrokes, helping you keep your painting fun and uncomplicated. Spend just over an hour with Gerald and see for yourself how easy it is to paint the coastline and surrounding beauty. You’ll also enjoy an interview with the artist as well as an exhibition of his other paintings.
- How to quickly sketch out the natural shapes and forms in the landscape, keeping it very simple.
- Expert tips and advice on dealing with the motion of the water, rapidly changing light, and drifting fog — never be intimidated by these subjects again!
- The best way to cover patterns and shadows, helping you quickly interpret the light for accuracy.
- How to break your painting down into sections and then blend the sections together.
- How to maintain your focal point and keep distances soft.
- And much, much more!
6 reviews for Gerald J. Fritzler: Painting Seascapes in Watercolor
There are no reviews yet.