Centreofexcellence – Exploring Outer Space for Kids Course
Welcome to Space School! Are you ready to take a trip into outer space?
Pack your spacesuit (and some sandwiches) and come with us on the trip of a lifetime as we journey into outer space. We’ll pass planets, see stars and explore the Universe.
First, we’ll look at space travel – how do we get off our little rock and into the stars? We’ll look at our maps before we go – the solar systems and galaxies we’ll explore and their place in the universe. We’ll look closely at planets, from the gas giants to the dwarf planets. We’ll take a trip to the moons that orbit them, the comets that crash into them, and everything in between!
Once we’ve finished our tour of the solar system, we’ll carry on, out into deep space. Here we’ll explore other galaxies (and there are quite a few of them!) and learn all about the spacecraft that are exploring where no human has gone before.
Look out! Was that a comet? Comets, asteroids and meteors zip all over space, so mind your head! Who knows who we could meet out there in space – find out about life on other planets and how we might make them our home one day. There are even people living in space now – so we’ll drop in for a cup of tea with Tim Peake and look at his time on the International Space Station.
Finally, we’ll return home and look up to the sky again. How do we see and experience the things we have learned about from our rocky little home? What is an eclipse? What can we learn about planets and stars from home – and how do we see so far?
By studying this course, you will:
- Learn about solar systems, planets, moons, stars, interstellar space, galaxies, asteroids, comets and meteors
- Become familiar with the history of space travel
- Know what it’s like to live in space
- Understand what you see when looking up to the sky
- Take fun quiz assessments
- Receive a certificate upon completion
What will I learn on the course?
Module 1: A Trip to the Stars!
- Part 1: Welcome, Space Cadet!
- Part 2: The Space Race
- Part 3: Getting into Space
- Part 4: Staying Alive in Space
- Part 5: Case Study: Apollo 13
- Module 1 Assessment
Module 2: Solar Systems
- Part 1: First Stop: The Solar System
- Part 2: The Goldilocks Zone and Other Things We Find in the Solar System
- Part 3: Are We Nearly There Yet?
- Part 4: Putting It All in Order
- Module 2 Assessment
Module 3: Planets
- Part 1: A Closer Look at the Planets
- Part 2: The Rocky Planets
- Part 3: The Gas Giants
- Part 4: The Ice Giants
- Part 5: Dwarf Planets
- Module 3 Assessment
Module 4: Moons
- Part 1: To the Moon and Back
- Part 2: Case Studies: The Moon and Starlink
- Part 3: The Moons of Other Planets
- Part 4: How Moons are Made
- Part 5: Case Study: Apollo 11
- Module 4 Assessment
Module 5: Asteroids, Comets and Meteors
- Part 1: Space Leftovers – Asteriods
- Part 2: Meteors, Meteoroids and Meteorites
- Part 3: Comets: A Closer Look
- Part 4: A Visitor from Another Galaxy?
- Module 5 Assessment
Module 6: Stars
- Part 1: Stars and Suns
- Part 2: Red Giants and Red, Brown and White Dwarfs
- Part 3: Supergiants
- Module 6 Assessment
Module 7: Beyond the Solar System
- Part 1: Voyage into Deep Space and the Kuiper Belt
- Part 2: Beyond the Kuiper Belt
- Part 3: What’s Out There?
- Module 7 Assessment
Module 8: Galaxies
- Part 1: Beyond the Solar System
- Part 2: Different Galaxy Shapes and Types
- Part 3: Supermassive Black Holes
- Part 4: Collision!
- Module 8 Assessment
Module 9: Life in Space
- Part 1: Life Inside the Solar System
- Part 2: Are We Alone in the Galaxy?
- Module 9 Assessment
Module 10: There’s No Place Like Home
- Part 1: Heading Home
- Part 2: Space from Earth
- Part 3: Be Space Smart
- Module 10 Assessment
Who Would Benefit from This Course?
An introduction to the exploration of space for children aged 6 and up, the Exploring Outer Space for Kids Course takes the perspective of a trip through the universe. Each of the 10 modules ends in a multiple-choice quiz, providing a fun challenge and a clear goal to motivate study.
By the end of the course, your child will have explored fun activities, fascinating facts and surprising statistics as they explore our solar system, galaxy and beyond in this fun-filled, adventurous course.
A State of the Art
We provide a state of the art online learning platform, accessible from anywhere, learning available 24/7.
- Access Your Personalised Course Library
View your courses in your online course library.
- On-the-go Learning
Learn on your mobile, tablet, laptop or via audio.
- Join our thriving online community
Over 1 million learners.
- Lifetime access
Learn in your own time at your own pace.
7 reviews for Exploring Outer Space for Kids Course (Centreofexcellence )
There are no reviews yet.