Dr. Stephen Hobbs – Creating the Well-Living Workplace
Faculty: Dr. Stephen Hobbs
The well-living workplace is not a destination you arrive at and say “We made it!” Instead it’s a pathway you follow to create a place of work where people enjoy what they do and do what they do as they ethically draw resources from and give back significant, worthy and useful products, services and experiences to their community.
There is no “ONE” way to create the well-living workplace. Instead there is “YOUR” way in the words of those involved on their terms.
There are characteristics that outline suggestions to align vision, systems and people. That is, there are ways to work within, without, between and together to develop and deliver the well-living workplace approach.
The well-living approach has you:
- Create your well-living workplace framework to serve as a lean and agile touchstone for involvement
- Define your starting parameters of the well-living workplace model with input from everyone
- Frame your Imagined Future through describing and explaining your organizational mission, vision and values
- Use stories to focus people on the intended outcomes, direction and goals
- Identify the issues, initiatives and measures affecting your workplace
- Implement a plan of action with accountabilities and timelines
- Challenge the systems and processes you use every day
- Document insights as wise practices and inspired standards
- Celebrate outcomes with employees, customers and community